Last day in the office before some vacation time in my native Missouri. See that picture in the corner? That's out in the middle of nowhere, where we have a cabin. I'm not going to tell you where because it's pretty and quiet enough that I don't want anyone to spoil it.
The list of things I'm looking forward to outweigh the heat and humidity I detest there this time of year. I am going to enjoy:
- Meeting my new nephew
- Some decent barbecue
- A visit to the Negro Leagues Museum (and if luck is with us, Buck O'Neil will be there)
- A game at the new Cardinals ballpark
- Seeing my family, and my wife's
- Catching crawdads and skipping rocks in the creek with my kids
- Some canoeing
- Having some good wine (that I shipped ahead from Oregon) and making a couple of good dinners
Enjoy the rest of the summer, wherever you are. See you after Labor Day.