Here and there:
- If you know golf, you're flat-out impressed with what Tiger Woods did yesterday. In a match play event, where you keep score by number of holes won, Tiger beat Stephen Ames like a rented mule -- he won nine straight holes and closed him out as early as is mathematically possible.
- Clever headline: Bond. Jamth Bond. New 007 Daniel Craig had a couple of teeth knocked out while filming a fight scene for Casino Royale.
- Only half of worried Americans try to manage stress. That's easy to believe. Stress has to be overlooked as one of the most harmful factors in everyday health. That said, I don't do as well as I should trying to manage it.
- The Dodgers re-signed Vin Scully to a new deal that will keep him behind the microphone through 2008. That's great -- he's one of the last of the old-guard guys I've always liked.
- Speaking of baseball, hard to believe it's as close as it is. Why can't I find a Cardinals cap that I like? I could find one if I wanted to look like a gang member in Brooklyn, but not a casual Redbirds fan.